SECTION 1 - WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
These are the categories of Personal Data we collect directly or indirectly from you:
- Identity information – includes: name [first, last, initials], Date of Birth, e-mail address, unique consumer identifier number, nickname, password, social media identifiers and information passed along to us via your Facebook and gift card codes that are assigned to you. We use it to verify your identity.]
- Contact information - includes: your phone number, shipping and billing address, e-mail address, Messenger ID, social media handle, any other communication channel you have used to contact us for more information. We use it to contact you for different reasons depending on the purposes stated below.
- Location information - includes: your residential location, current log-in location [IP address], GPS location (if you wish to share us, for example through your mobile device settings), or the specific Dida Brothers Company Private Limited site you have visited that might give us clues about where you are. We use it to help you find what you are looking for at your current location.
- Purchase information - includes: your payment information (credit card number), Bank Account details, payment risk profile (provided to us by our payment risk solution), shopping cart (your ordered items), delivery details, shipping and billing address, customer order number, purchase history with Dida Brothers Company Private Limited, transaction ID, and any other information related to your purchase. We use it to complete your order or return or refund on our sites and apps or other selling platforms.
- Behavioural and Profile information- includes: your shopping history, Wishlist items, your browsing behaviour, your browsing preferences, your shopping preferences, your workout history, product reviews, social media interactions with us, and any other intelligence we have about you to help us learn you as a consumer better, including “Community information”. We use it to know you better as a consumer, so we can send you marketing messages containing only products and services that we think you might be interested in.
- Community information – includes information provided by you when you participate in various Dida Brothers Company Private Limited events and communities either as a trainer, team member, a participant or as a promotor of our events, including for example: pictures, videos, your nickname, your team, your interests and preferences, your feedback, leader boards, event participation, joined groups, and registration details. We use this information to organise the events and communities, and to know more about you as a consumer.
- Social Media information – includes: information obtained through your interaction with us on various social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc., including: any social media information that is publicly available such as your social media handles, social media interactions and public postings, your “Likes” and other reactions, your social media connections, your photos that are public, or those you send to us by mentioning us or following our social media posts by using “handles” or “hashtags”. We obtain this information from the social media network (e.g., Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.) directly or indirectly through third-party agencies we have agreements with.
- Device information – includes Information about your device or browser that give us an idea about your browsing behaviour or device usage. Your browser information is collected by our cookies, tags, and pixels. This is often required for network security purposes. This includes, but not limited to: IP address, date, and time of the visit, how long you remained on our website, the referral URL (if you came to our site via a different site or an advertisement), the pages visited on our site, your browser type, device type, versions, operating system.
- Correspondence – includes conversation we have when you contact customer service, the emails you write us about our products or services, the complaints you address to us via post, e-mail, fax, or call, notes we prepared on your feedback, call back from our Customer Service to you, and any other communication between you and Company personnel. We record all Customer Service calls for quality assurance purposes.
- Preference information - includes preferred language, log-in location, Wishlist items, preferred shipping address, browsing preferences, our correspondence with you, your product reviews. We use it to give you convenience when you visit and/or shop on our sites and apps.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
Your personal Data is being used for the following purposes:
- Site operation and app operation
- Domain and network security and user authentication
- Global credential to all Dida Brothers Company Private Limited platforms – user experience
- Sales of Dida Brothers Company Private Limited products - online and off-line order
- Payment fraud detection
- Product delivery, return and refund.
- Electronic delivery tracking
- Business operational analytics
- Customer service
- Personalised marketing messages via email (newsletter sign-up) and SMS
- Personalised marketing messages via email (via existing contract) and SMS
- Targeted messages on 3rd-party advertising platforms
- Loyalty Membership administration – where applicable
- Private event registration
- Open event registration
- Product research and development
- Legal obligation - cooperation with law enforcement and regulatory authorities (including courts)
- Collecting your device information on our website using cookies, pixels, tags, and similar technologies (“Cookies Policy”)
- User-generated content (UGC) acquisition from social media
- Push notifications (in-app communication)
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located at a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least 18 years old.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply if you want more information contact us at email@example.com.